Monday, December 12, 2011

Made Some Gluehwein. I think.

So I mulled the wine. I really thought I had taken pictures of it, but I guess I didn't really. I caught the actual tree-trimming, so I'm pretty happy about that.

But for the gluehwein itself, I only caught the orange that I accidentally burned. Overall, I thought it tasted pretty good! Mind you the wine I like was on sale, so I bought two in case the mulling didn't work properly, and of course that just meant I drank half of the extra bottle while waiting for the mullings to simmer. I guess I should specify, I used this recipe, in which you simmer water, sugar, orange juice, orange peels, cloves, and cinnamon for 30 minutes before adding the wine. That's a whole half hour that I didn't waste by waiting.


Hannah said she didn't know about it, but she's a couple cats short of a bushel, if you know what I mean. Oh wait what?

I drank it anyway. OH, except when I decided to switch back I just tossed the last few sips from my mug to my wine glass thinking "what's the harm in a little extra spice, am I right?" which wasn't such a bad idea until the last sip. So much sediment. I'm guessing it was mostly clove.

I expressed my feelings in the form of a Christmas ornament. I used Krazy Glue without glueing myself to anything!

Do you know how hard it is to write in glitter glue? I do.


Hannah's snowman. I ate a whole fingerful of that white stuff. It tastes like play-dough with sugar in it.

The season has officially begun. Here's wishing you a very Jeremy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment